Musician! Here’s another music marketing tip that will help you on your quest.
Case: YUNGBLUD Encourages Fans to Write New Verse for “Parents” (Beyond the Stage, McLaughlin, 2021)
Yungblud posted on Instagram, asked his fans to freestyle a verse to his song on TikTok.
“go duet me , freestyle something your fookin mad about, talk about somethin you’re sad about !!! we could all kiss and eliminate the idea of gender in a toxic world.”
Used Instagram for the promo, TikTok to capture the fan input, later compiled the-best-of video.
Success. It became a trend “126,000 Tiktok videos.”, likes and follows, streams etc.
– the song “parents” and yungblud are in the centre
– participation of the audience in the content creation
– audience involvement
– right channels > TikTok “Duet Function”, Instagram for promotion
– proper CTA “go duet me…”
– right emotional trigger “fookin mad about…”
– give hope, but “imply about a future result without stating a specific guarantee” (Sugarman, 2006)